- Have a guard sleepover!
- Before the first performance, have guard call
an hour before band call. That way you guys can just have an hour before the band comes in to hang out and stuff. Have some
- Make flag bags for each other! Draw names from a hat and you're responsible for making a flag bag for the
person you draw. Make a "deadline" for them, like in 2 weeks, them you can all present them to each other. A weapon bag can
also be substituted for the flag bag if someone is a weapon.
- Have guard awards! At the band banquet at the end of
the year, present awards just for guard and make sure you have an award for EVERY person that was in the guard. If you need
ideas, go to the "Guard Award Ideas" section on the menu at your left.
- Do something called the "Big Sister, Little
Sister"! Usually in a guard there are rookies and veterans. Pair up a vet with a rookie and they just take care of each other!
A vet can bring a stuffed animal, candy, flowers, whatever to their little sisters and vice versa before a performance. You
don't have to do this for every performance; every other one or before competitions, whatever suits your needs! This will
help the connection between the new people and the old people! (Submitted by Brittney from the Boling Springs High School
Colorguard in Boiling Springs, South Carolina)
- Get the guard together and make matching shirts! You could put your school name
on the front and personalized stuff on the back or anything! Be creative! (Submitted by Kirstin from GMHS Guard)